Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox 3-w00t!


Sorry for not posting in a while! I was really busy. Anyway, Mozilla Firefox 3 debuted yesterday with a Guinness World Record-earning unique download number of 8,249, 082! Firefox 3's new features:

  • increased speed
  • more native, smooth looking interface
  • redesigns of critical components such as add-on and download managers
  • enhancements such as "bookmark" buttons on the URL bar, most visited bookmarks, and others.
I am currently enjoying the new features immensely! I also love the minute UI details (the fade/brighten effects when buttons are rolled over and the sleek redesigns. In addition, most of my favorite add-ons are now compatible with Firefox 3 (Adblock Plus, Greasemonkey, AIOS, others.). However, not many heavily-skinned (incorporating UI elements, statusbar skinning, etc.) themes are not compatible with Firefox 3. However, one of my favorite themes, Abstract Classic, has been updated, but without UI elements and other features (for those you have to buy the "premium" version.). All of these problems will be fixed by the sands of time, though. To end, here is a poem about Firefox 3 (don't laugh!!):

Firefox, oh Firefox.
Since 2004 you have been a thing of yore
Using you is not a chore
Unlike Internet Explorer, which is quite frankly a bore (sorry, Microsoft!)
Now in 2008 our thirst for new Firefox was a-sate
As Firefox 3 awakened, followers' heartbeats quickened-
And the fox was unleashed!
Caught 8,249,082 times in 24 hours, it solders on through the Internet even now-how?
Why?
Because, my dear reader, Firefox is loved by most, especially people who roast wild Internet Explorers!

Was my poem decent? Did you discover any hidden meanings? What do you think of Firefox 3? Sound off in the comments!

3 comments:

Prad Kikkeri said...

I'm back!!!
Apart from the fact that none of my add-ons worked with it, I loved it, Abhi. It still has a new theme that I like. I like how the recent websites in the drop-down menu on the address bar shows you the URL & title of the page. And your poem is random...but interesting!

Abhi Sharma said...

None of your add-ons worked?! 40% of my add-ons worked. Yes, I like that "AwesomeBar" too. What's the new theme you like? Thanks about the poem!

Prad Kikkeri said...

I like the new built-in theme with Firefox 3. The only addons of mine that worked were Downthemall & Adblocker +! Fasterfox, and the Vista theme didn't work.